Monday, February 8, 2010

"Travel Develops a Man's Mind, Especially His Imagination."

On Saturday I went in San Francisco with a friend from across the bay with the sole intent of being a tourist for the day. San Francisco is too big to take it all in in one day especially on foot as we did but we did cover some ground all the same.  As part of my personal quest, I took pictures of things that caught my attention, things that could inspire me later...hopefully.
We started by the Ferry building and walked through the market there. I love farmers markets and I always forget my camera when I go to the one at home but this reminded me to try harder next week. They are an amazing place to find not just really good food that's special to your area but it's pretty. The colors and the textures are so interesting.

We walked down the Embarcadero and I almost walked right past this place.  It's a small grill with one window on the street and I loved the mood it had as I passed by.

We walked to Pier 31. I did say this was a touristy day. This was at the end facing the Merry-go-round. I thought they looked like they were lined up, waiting for a ride. I have a smaller version of this bench at home but I really like the red here. I like that color can be used at a neutral.

After tea we walked back towards Russian Hill and saw this as we crossed the street. I had a flash back moment of 5th grade when our class spent the night on the C.A. Thayer or the Balclutha (which is what this was.) I also thought it was cool how close Alcatraz looks behind the ship.

Our path was a little zig zag. We ended up walking down Leavenworth where we saw the beautiful gates and entry ways. I think this might have been both of our favorites with the red door and bronze work on the gate.

At one of the corners there was a tree all ready for spring! I adore Cherry Blossoms. They are so pretty and delicate. Here's one of many photos I took. YAY Spring!!!


We made our way back though China Town. This is in front of one of the corner markets. Like I said before, I love the fruit and veggie displays.

Not sure why but I really liked this. It might have something to do with the colors. The blue with tha gold/brown tile and chocolate trim.


Finally! Downhill!!! This street made me want to get a cart or something with wheels and roll down it like I used to do on my driveway at home.

We ended up down town and stoped at Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie. We took a break at Madelein on O'Ferrell and finished off the day at Old Navy...looking for inexpensive versions of things we had seen earlier. We had amazing weather. I can't wait to go back and walk around another area!

Hope you take the time to be a tourist in your town

No comments: