Monday, February 15, 2010

"If You Can Spend A Perfectly Useless Afternoon In A Perfectly Usseless Manner, You Have Learned To Live." -Lin Yutang

In the spirit of celebrating celebrating, on Saturday I had some fun  making some rings as part of my Valentine's Day decorations. I decided to play with one of the craft ideas on Martha Stewart where a guest showed how to make rose rings out of pipecleaners.
After giving one a go I got really into it and ended up making a bouquet of red ones and a small collection of pink including the bling enhanced one above.
It got tricky as I went along cause I would wear them after making them and you need a free finger to mold the ring around.

I decided that I was going to wear as many as possible so I converted one into a broach with a saftey pin...

and one into a hair clip with just an old clip I had laying around.

I got so into it I made some 'super bling' ones and wore those the rest of the night.

My friend got into it too and she made a few red ones and one super bling one. We decided to wear as many as we could the next day to the movies and celebrate our funky not-quite-anti-Valentine's Day.  I only wish I had photos.

Luckily, pipecleaners come in a rainbow of colors and so come future holidays and seasons I just might be stocking up and handing them out.

1 comment:

The Goods Design said...

Yours came out great! Definitely inspiring me to take a stab at it!