Wednesday, January 20, 2010

"Pictures are often hung on walls to decorate homes, but more often to cover up holes and soiled spots"

Every winter my mom and I go up to San Francisco and do a little day shopping trip. This isn't like most people. Even though this is before Christmas we rarely buy any gifts and sometimes nothing at all. We basically take the day to embrace the experience and the city and then go home and shop online.  I know it's not as fun as coming back with bags and bags and then wrap everything, but tradition is tradition. Part of this tradition (apparently) is that I take a couple photographs but since I never remember to use my camera I always end up waiting till we get to China Town or in this years case just leaving.






I'm not sure why but these are always some of my favorite photos. One day I'll go up with the distinct purpose of touring the city with my camera but until that happens I'll enjoy my two.

No comments: