Tuesday, January 19, 2010

"Into each life some rain must fall, especially when you've left your umbrella at home"

Last night I fell asleep to the rain and woke up to no power. It was actually quite a little nice escape.  I got up for some hot oatmeal and since it was too dark to read and there was no power to do any work I decided to curl up in bed with my cat.  It was amazing. It was the best nap I've had in quite a while and with the grey sky and sound of rain it wasn't hard to drift off. I got up and did a little here and a little there. I set up camp in the kitchen listening to Pandora and made muffins for breakfast, chopped some veggies for a baked pasta I made for dinner, and later I made healthier version of the classic chocolate chip cookie for my dad.  (It's actually been a big hit so if you're looking for a good breakfast dessert cross over cookie let me know).

I'm looking forward to another day or two like this. It's so relaxing!

Have a cozy night


No comments: