Tuesday, March 30, 2010

"He Who Has A Why to Live Can Bear Almost Any How" -Friedrich Nietzsche

Moving away from the place you've lived on and off for 27 years is very difficult to do, or rather emotional to do. As a way of saying goodbye to my California, I've decided to collect momentos from my everyday activities including my commute.
My commute with is largely composed of a train ride into San Francisco, is not all that exciting but I went with what I had.
I have spent many hours staring out the window at the tracks and waiting at the 4th and King station. These two things have become very comforting.
I then walk to work. My favorite part is crossing the 4th st. bridge. You can see the ball park on your left and this on your right. I always look at the park but then end up staring at this as I walk across. It's always so pretty and interesting as the sun comes up in the morning.
These are little shots of what's on either side of the bridge on the right. Very different but behind the broken down Carmen's (which I think used to be a small sea food joint) is a very nice and polished park.
At the end of my day I sit on the train and say goodbye to San Francisco till the next day. Today was the last time I'll do that as part of my daily commute.
And then I arrive home. A bittersweet experience this time. I love that this sign is right at the station as you pull in. It's welcoming in a way that other stations aren't.

I hope this inspires you to take another look at your daily commutes and appreciate what they have to offer whatever that may be.

Goodbye California


No comments: